KIng Princess: The New Nonbinary Lesbian Pop Queen?

King Princess. For some that name is familiar for others you are probably saying...who the fuck is that? Well they are a queer pop star that made a splash in 2018 with their hit song "1950". A queer pop alt rock song about PDA and same sex couples. It became quite a hit on the US Alt chart peaking at 17 and being certified platinum. King Princess released her debut EP entitled Make My Bed on June 15th 2018. From the moment I started researching them I became enthralled with her songs and songwriting. She is hands down one of my favorite artists and her songs are consistently resonating with my young-ish queer soul. You would not think a twinky white lesbian would be such an inspiration to me, yet their music speaks to my soul. Unfulfilled desires, queer longing and heartbreak? Sign me Up. As a song writer she depicts the queer experience with such honesty. If you want to know more about them, I will gladly post some links. This post is not about her history but about the music. How they have made such an impression in the pop world. What they represent for me and the LGBTQIQA2P+ community.
    Despite the fact that KP has the privilege of being thin, yt and some would say conventionally attractive...I fucking love them. Yes I have a lil crush on them, I am a bit ashamed as they are such a representation of my old type. The skinny yt that I lusted after because I hated myself. Sometimes my attraction to them makes me feel like I have not truly evolved. I digress as that is for a whole nother blog entry. What really attracts me to King is their sultry voice, stunning visuals and songwriting. On October of last year they released their debut album Cheap Queen. I had waited for months for the album to come out. Eagerly waiting for KP to come and slay my life....put me in my feels and sexually confuse me. (I am demisexual and ace flux so the feels I get throw me off).
    From the moment I hit play KP had me hooked. The album is hands down one of the best albums I have ever heard. The way that they attack their fears, their heartbreak and loss of love; the vulnerability of the album is awesome. The quality of yearning and pain in their voice unsettles me every time. Not in a bad way but in way where I say DAMN been there sis. The album is also very diverse from songs about heartbreak (If you think it's love, Watching my phone, do you wanna see me crying, and you destroyed my heart). Fear (tough on myself), bottoming (Hit The Back), and great bops like (Prophet, Cheap Queen, Ain't Together,and Homegirl). The entire album is an emotional roller coaster. Cheap Queen is essential listening for young queers. So that begs the question is KP our reigning nonbinary lesbian pop Queen? Well I will let you be the judge, listen to the album. Linked below will be a video I did on KP of my top songs and where to find their work. 

Till next time. QueerpopHoe out. 

Where to find KP stuff. 
Spotify

Make my Bed
Tracks:
1. Make My Bed
2. Talia 
3. Upper West Side
4. Holy
5. 1950

Tracks:
1. Tough on Myself
2. Useless Phrases
3. Cheap Queen
4. Ain't Together
5. Do you wanna see me crying?
6. HomeGirl
7.Prophet
8. Isabel's Moment
9.Trust Nobody
10. Watching my phone 
11. You destroyed my heart
12. Hit the Back
13. If you think it's love

My Top Ten KP Songs(and my fave looks).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite Brandy Songs!

Ranking Lesbian Jesus: Hayley Kiyoko Extended Plays from Least Favorite to Favorite