Keiynon Lonsdale is out here making bops and y'all sleeping on him.

From the moment I listened too and saw the visuals for "Preach" by Keiynon Lonsdale I was mystified by his talent. In fact before you read this I need you watch the video linked below! Go watch It.
My homeboi gave me vocals, visuals and choreography that had me screaming yasssssss. With his first album titled "Rainbow Boy" coming out on the 29th I had to do my next blog post on Mr. Lonsdale. I have been singing this man's praises since either late 2018 or early 2019. The first time I saw him was in a little movie called Love Simon, I was like who the heck this fine ass man. Immediately I started doing some research on him. What I learned is that he is a singer,dancer, actor, Half Nigerian, Australian queer boy. Mind was fucking blown!!! It is always fucking amazing to have representation out there. As a queer African myself it makes me feel fucking seen. Keiynon speaks to me for many reasons, the main one being his identity or lack thereof. The actor and performer identifies as not straight. For him its not important to use a label, he references himself as gay at times. In 2020 gay is also just a umbrella term for not straight. Asides from that he is very gender non conforming cis man. Not afraid to be fierce and femme in a business that is so image conscious. Most importantly he out here making bops and yall sleeping on him. YALL will respeck his motherfucking name. Last year he released his underappreciated bop "Rainbow Dragon". That track changed my fucking life. All last year I would play it over and over and over cause it became my obsession. The feeling that song gave me was like weed without the side affects. It made me powerful and beautiful, proud and passionate. In a over 3 mins song this man spoke to my fucking soul. Music has helped me through so many fucking hard times. Its music like Keiynon's that has inspired me to tell anyone who will listen about the music that speaks to me. Side note the video for Rainbow Dragon is such a beautiful video. 
I hope that when the album drops my little queerlings find something that moves you. Thank you Keiynon for making me feel seen and heard. Your story is unique and your path is yours and yours alone. With that being said having someone who is like me be out and successful....Proud. Is something as a young boi I did not think I would have. Now I will spam y'all with pics of Keiynon. 



Singles released:
1.Higher (2015)
2. Good Life (2017)
3. Kiss the Boy (2018)
4. Preach (2018)
5. Rainbow Dragon (2019)
6. gay street fighter (2020)

DEBUT LP will be released on May 29th 2020. Stream it on spotify to get your young queer life. will also be doing a live review of it on my youtube channel! So excited.

Sources: the interwebs, wikipedia. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite Brandy Songs!

Ranking Lesbian Jesus: Hayley Kiyoko Extended Plays from Least Favorite to Favorite